Monday, January 10, 2011

Disney Marathon week, miles 1-9

This was my last week of running before the Disney 2011 Marathon, which would be my first (!!) one. This was a tough week of running because my mileage was much lower than what I've been used to for the past 17 weeks.

I didn't work Monday, so I ran 3 miles with the pupster, which felt pretty good. Piper dragged a bit, which was unusual for her, but we did it.

Tuesday was a day off, so I took it easy, which was nice because I felt like I was coming down with something anyway. I also took Thursday off, even though it called for 2 miles - I wanted to save it for Friday.

Wednesday was a tough run. I went to the doctor that day because my tonsils were hurting very very badly and they seemed to be swollen, which really worried me about the run on Sunday. I ran 4 miles with a friend in downtown Raleigh, who decided to go REALLY FAST for the first bit, but thankfully calmed down. I actually felt better physically after I ran, so that lifted my spirits about the prospects of Sunday a bit.

Mom and I left for Disney on Friday morning, and went to the expo and got all of our stuff for the races that weekend. I did my two miler on the treadmill on Friday evening, and it was one of the best runs I'd had in quite a while. This really lifted my spirits, and I went to sleep happy and excited about mom's adventure doing the half marathon the next morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment